What is a Side Hustle?

 When I first heard the term "side hustle," I thought it referred to illegal activity. I look back and laugh at how naive I was. Many people are realizing that their 9 to 5 job just isn't cutting it. Either they have increasing bills that they just can't keep up with, especially with the price of inflation. Or their job is taking up so much of their time that they don't really get to enjoy the things they're working so hard to get.



I read about a man who was very wealthy: he bought a huge house with a gorgeous view; beautifully landscaped with a deck & fire pit. Nothing wrong with having nice things. But in order to retain that status, his job required him to work 6 days a week. And because it was a long commute every day, he would leave his home well before 5am and return around 9pm. In the back of my mind, I was thinking, "when do you get to enjoy this beautiful view from your house, if you are never there during daylight hours?"

More and more people are deciding to start something "on the side" to supplement their current income. It all sounds well and good, until people realize that it requires work, and many times, additional training. And if you're spending more time learning skills and working, what is happening to our health & relationships?

I realize there is no "quick fix." People aren't going to pay you to do nothing. You're not going to earn thousands of dollars weekly by signing up for some "side hustle." Although there are plenty of people out there telling you it's possible. Let me ask you, if it were truly that easy, why are they still marketing? The truth is often that they're trying to make money just like everyone else. It seems no one is ever really satisfied with what they already have.

Don't get me wrong! I believe there ARE some people who make good money and have a true heart to help people in financial need, because they've been there before. And it IS possible to earn more money once you develop your skills and put in the time. Remember, success doesn't happen overnight. There is one company that I have been impressed with that offers a 5-day challenge at a ridiculously low price. Check out this link (full disclosure: I may receive compensation if you make a purchase from this company).

The sad truth is that many make excuses, think it's too hard, try for awhile and quit. Commitment is lacking in today's society. Even in the job market, I was surprised to find out how many employees end of as "no shows." Character and integrity are just two of the things missing in this generation.

I wish you the best on your search for more income. May your efforts be multiplied!

On my journey to becoming Finally Free At Home,

Lori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom

Why Stop Dreaming When You Wake Up?

October 19 - Evaluate Your Life Day